Morales & Associates, PLLC.

Business-Employment Based Immigration

The term nonimmigrant means that a person is coming to the United States for a temporary purpose. The period of authorized stay will vary depending upon the type of visa that the person uses to enter the United States. The most common nonimmigrant visa categories include the following:

  • B-1 Business Visitor
  • E-2 Treaty Investor
  • E-3 Australian Professionals
  • F-1 Student
  • H-1B Specialty Occupation
  • H-2A Agricultural Workers
  • H-2B Unskilled Workers
  • J-1 Trainees
  • L-1A Executives and High-Level Managers
  • L-1B Specialized Knowledge Workers
  • O-1 Persons of Extraordinary Ability
  • P-1 Entertainers
  • TN Canadian and Mexican Professionals

The term immigrant means that a person is coming to the United States for a permanent purpose or to reside permanently. An approved petition under one of these categories can lead to Lawful Permanent Residence or what is commonly known as a Green Card.

  • EB-1 (Priority Workers)
  • EB-2 (Members of the Professions Holding an Advanced Degrees or Persons of Exceptional Ability)
  • EB-3 (Skilled Workers, Professionals and Other Workers)
  • EB-4 (Certain Special Immigrants)
  • EB-5 (Employment Creation)
Myron Morales

Get your questions answered - Call now for a case evaluation (512) 387 - 3802

Translate »